3.17.2015

in which a LUSH bath bomb causes me to reevaluate my life

 (space girl bath bomb by LUSH)

After years of watching beauty gurus rave about LUSH cosmetics, I decided to take the splurge while I was on vacation to finally buy a bath bomb. Walking into LUSH, my eye immediately flew to this bath bomb due to its lovely lavender coloring, and very in trend marsala glitter over spray. (okayokay it could be just raspberry, and I'm being totally pretentious but I just wanted to express my love for Pantone's 2015 color of the year. which i totally approve of *squeals and jumps up and down*).

Emerging from the bathtub, I wrapped myself in the robe hanging on the doorknob next to me, sat down to watch Project Runway, and paint my nails. I don't remember ever feeling that calm and peaceful EVER in my life. I've always had somewhere to go, or something to do and this feeling of complete bliss, really caused me question my life. Why wasn't I giving myself time to do things that made me feel good more often? Honestly? Because I've never prioritized it.

There was always homework to do, and tests to study for, the things that made me happiest, like Project Runway, were always watched out of the corner of my eye as I worked on homework.  As you can probably gather by now,  this is less about a LUSH bath bomb, or my devotion to Project Runway, and more about a realization that our happiness is what makes us happy! That sound's redundant but if you never prioritize your happiness, how can you expect to lead a happy life? You would think that would be a fairly obvious statement, but it took a ten minute soak in a bath of lavender glitter water for that thought to finally hit me after 17 years of existence. I encourage you to find what makes you feel completely at peace, and to go and devote your full attention to it.

stay happy, emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment